Why do I need a business license and how do I get a business license?
Business licenses are required for individuals or groups who operate or sell goods/services in the Town of Bon Accord.
How to apply:
- Use our fillable form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print the form and mail or bring the completed application into the Town office
- Fill out an application in person at the Town office
A business license is issued upon verification of information and payment.
Business License - What’s Included?
- Complementary advertising on Commercial Electronic Sign (business within/outside of Bon Accord, holding a valid Bon Accord business license)
- Complementary listing on the Town of Bon Accord website Business Directory
- Advertising on the Community Event Sign at a reduced rate (business within Bon Accord only)
- Complementary event postings on the Town of Bon Accord website Event Calendar
- Events can be shared on the Town of Bon Accord Facebook page
- Verbal referrals
Benefits to Business Owner
- All benefits noted above, PLUS
- Worthwhile investment; relatively inexpensive and can be used as a tax write-off
- Shows customers that you are a legitimate business that complies with local bylaws and regulations
- Offers validation and gives you the documentation necessary to apply for a business bank account and/or business loan if required
- Provides the Town with critical information that can assist in the event of an emergency
Benefits to the Community
- Provides a fair environment for all businesses operating in the Town
- Provides a registration system where a community can track its economic development and use the registry as a resource for business planning
- An available inventory of resources available to the Town's residents
- Ensures the public health and safety regulations are addressed by business, for public access
- Combined with the development approval process, ensures that building codes and zoning are adhered to and other restrictions have been enforced