Nestled in the heart of Sturgeon County, Bon Accord enjoys its proximity to the cities of Edmonton, St. Albert and Fort Saskatchewan and is situated along Highway 28, which is a major transportation corridor.
Bon Accord is well positioned for future growth taking into consideration:
- Annexed lands (194.25 hectares or 480.0 acres) acquired from Sturgeon County in April 2018, increasing the amount of land available for light industrial, commercial and residential development, which facilitates Bon Accords long-term potential for growth.
- Bon Accord’s footprint currently includes includes 6.05 sq. km – 299 Hectares / 521.4 acres.
- Bon Accord is located in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region which is the fifth most prosperous region in Canada and is home to nearly 1.3 million people and 725,000 jobs, generating 30 percent of Alberta’s GDP equaling approximately $90 billion. There is undeniable potential both in terms of forecast population growth and business investment activity.
- The community has two schools, Bon Accord Community School (grades K-4) and Lilian Schick School (grades 5-9). Grades 10-12 are bused to Sturgeon Composite High School in Namao or to Redwater High School.
- Variety of parks, churches, with the Town being very sports orientated.
- Utility services mirror that of the City of Edmonton, as the Town is a member of both the Capital Region Northeast Water Services Commission and Alberta Capital Regional Wastewater Commission, resulting in the provision of regional water and wastewater services.
The Town of Bon Accord welcomes, appreciates and encourages business development within the community. The Department of Economic Development provides assistance to business expanding within or locating to Bon Accord.