General municipal elections are held every four years, with the next one being held on Monday, October 18, 2021. Bon Accord residents will elect one mayor and four councillors to a four year term.
Elections for our school board will occur on the same day as the municipal election.
- Nomination period opens: Monday, January 1, 2021
- Nomination period closes: Monday September 20, 2021, at 12 p.m.
Note: Anyone wishing to submit nomination papers must make an appointment with the Returning Officer, Jessica Caines, by calling 780-921-3550 or emailing email@example.com.
Nominations must be completed on the prescribed Form 4, Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance and Form 5, Candidate Financial Information.
Information for Candidates
- Items to consider when running for Council
- Prospective Candidate Package
- Notice of Nomination Day
- Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
- Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance (Form 4)
- Candidate Financial information (Form 5)
- Enumerator, Candidate or Official Agent Proof of Identification for Section 52 Access (Form 11)
- Campaign Worker Proof of Identification (Form 12)
- Town of Bon Accord map
- Council Committee Structure
- Town of Bon Accord Code of Conduct Bylaw
- Duties and Responsibilities of Elected Officials, Municipal Government Act (MGA) sections 153 and 154
- Alberta Municipal Affairs Municipal election website
- Local Authorities Election Act
- Municipal Government Act